About General Surgery
The General Surgery practice of Penn State Health St. Joseph provides state-of-the-art care for all routine and complex general surgery problems. All our General Surgeons are board-certified in surgery by The American Board of Surgery and are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- We specialize in both traditional open surgery as well as minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery. Patients who have laparoscopic surgery instead of “open” surgery may experience less pain and recover more quickly depending on the type of surgery.
- We encourage you to ask questions during your consultation and throughout the course of treatment as we strive to establish and maintain a positive physician-patient relationship.
- We have access to, and utilize, state-of-the-art operating rooms and equipment.
Our team of general surgeons can provide prompt surgical consultations, second opinions, elective general surgery and emergency surgery. All surgeons in the practice have undergone and completed rigorous and extensive training, and are committed to providing the most appropriate surgical care. By using a collaborative team approach, which emphasizes a multi-disciplinary approach (cooperation among different specialties, departments and centers); our patients can expect the highest-quality treatment and the best results possible. Our physicians are continuously training in the most advanced techniques to ensure the best outcomes for their patients.
Have a question? Give us a call at 610-378-7900 610-378-7900.
Conditions & Treatment
- Lumps and Bumps
- Gall bladder Removal (laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
- Hernia Repair
- Stomach and Intestine disorders and diseases
- Endocrine disorders
- Breast diseases (benign and malignant)
- lymphatic system
- Gastro-intestinal tract
- skin and soft tissue