1905

The cost, $60,000 in 1905 was no mean figure, even according to today’s standards. Its construction and furnishings were “up to the minute” of the period and the education of the nurses kept pace with the curriculum. The School, as of this date (1973), is fully accredited by the State Board of Nurse Examiners and the Accrediting Service of the National League for Nursing. Among its first instructors were Mary Geraldine, O.S.F., and Mrs. Blanche McCarthy, R.N. Those young women of the long ago, who formed the first class, established a tradition of loyalty and devotion to good nursing care and an sprite de corps that is manifested by our nurses of today. The first class was graduated by the School in