1906

The Annex, so-called, enabled the Hospital to increase the number of public ward beds, infant and children’s departments, with private rooms in the Maternity Department. There are still citizens of Reading who were born in the Annex. The Nurses’ Residence, as it was originally intended, was needed for the larger classes of nurses and patients no longer could be accommodated there.

Return to Full Timeline