1914

A Neurological Department was opened. Changes were made in department areas. The X-ray department was moved to the front of the Hospital, the Pathological Department to the second floor with Dr. Elmer McKee in charge of the latter department. It is noteworthy that St. Joseph Hospital Laboratory was the only one in the vicinity equipped to make tests which were so vital in the care of the patient. Under the efficient management of Dr. McKee, it fulfilled an important factor in patient care. Dr. Charles Cantough was elected Anesthesiologist and received fifty dollars a month as did Dr. McKee, Chief in the Laboratory. This sum may cause a smile in this day and age, bit in 1914; fifty dollars had substantial purchasing power.

Return to Full Timeline