St. Joe’s AuxiliaryDonate Now
To enhance, through Auxiliary fundraising and volunteer service activities, St. Joseph Medical Center’s mission of providing the highest quality, compassionate healthcare to our community.
What We Do
St. Joseph Medical Center’s Carousel Gift Shop, managed by the St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) Auxiliary and staffed by volunteers, is the Auxiliary’s most visible program and largest source of income. All net proceeds from the Gift Shop support the Medical Center.
Other Auxiliary fundraisers include Adopt-A-Bear, Lights of Love, Caps for Newborns, Flags of Honor, Sandwich and Bake Sales, Raffles, and Vendor Sales for St. Joe’s employees.
Carousel Gift Shop
To commemorate the 135th Anniversary of the August 1873 founding of the hospital, the Auxiliary introduced a series of Stained Glass Window Ornaments. These collectible ornaments, replicating the nine stained glass windows housed in the Medical Center, are 2″ wide by 3.5″ high and are custom made of solid brass.
What We Fund
In recent years, the SJMC Auxiliary has provided funding to support:
- St. Joe’s Diabetes Wellness Program as Presenting Sponsor of the 2014 Charity Ball; increased access to healthcare at St. Joe’s Downtown Reading Campus
- St. Joe’s Palliative Care Program
- St. Joe’s Helene Kosakowski Breast Cancer Screening Program and our Prostate Screening Program
- Medical equipment for the Laboratory, Radiology, Wound Care, and Physical Therapy outpatient locations
- The purchase and outfitting of a Hospital Emergency Response Team (HERT) truck
- The installation of an illuminated flag pole and U.S. flag on our Bern Township Campus
- Give-away books for patients in the Reading Elks Pediatrics Clinic at St. Joe’s Downtown Reading Campus
The St. Joseph Medical Center Auxiliary, since its founding in 1896, has had a rich history of service to the Medical Center and the community. At one time, with as many as 22 active Auxiliaries under its direction, the St. Joseph Medical Center Auxiliary Board sponsored the Annual Charity Ball, May Fair, Festival of Trees, fashion shows and wine tastings. While the Auxiliary’s organizational structure has seen many changes over the years, the Auxiliary has remained faithful to its mission. Over the last 30 years, the Auxiliary has provided more than $2.6 million in net proceeds to support St. Joseph Medical Center.