The surgical team at Penn State Health St. Joseph is committed to providing children and adults the best possible surgical experience, with personalized care and state-of-the-art techniques. Surgical services include traditional as well as minimally invasive procedures such as robotic-assisted and laparoscopic surgeries.
Surgical Specialty Areas
Surgeons at St. Joseph’s treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- General surgical conditions, such as hernias, stomach and intestinal disorders, gall bladder problems, appendicitis, some cancers and others
- Gynecological conditions, such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal or excessive uterine bleeding, tumors, pelvic organ prolapse and others
- Heart conditions, such as heart valve disease, coronary artery disease, aneurysms and others
- Neurological conditions involving the spinal cord, brain, neurovascular system and other areas
- Orthopedic conditions, such as arthritis, bone or joint injuries, degenerative spine disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome and others
- Urologic conditions, such as bladder control problems, prostate problems, tumors, kidney stones or bladder stones, infertility, impotence and others
- Vascular conditions, such as peripheral artery disease, varicose veins and others.