Financial stress was relieved in 1915 as the Berks County Commission allocated to the Hospital Six Hundred and Fifty Dollars a year. This was the first time in the history of the Hospital that this had been done.
This seemed to be a year of structural improvement as well as the purchase of equipment. One welcome change was the converting of windows opening onto the porches into doors so that patients could enjoy the outdoors during their convalescence. The year was the first time that the School of Nursing enrolled a male student.
The Obstetrical Department was still in the Nurses’ Residence. It was a great advantage to the obstetrical patient to be apart from the activities of the general Hospital. It would prove too lengthy to note all the improvements and list all new equipment, but mention should be made that an Incubator and Infant Lung motor was added to the Nursery in the Obstetrical Department during the year.