Happy, Healthy You
You face unique challenges in every decade of life in your quest for a happy and healthy lifestyle. Whether you are handling the stress of your career or juggling your children’s busy schedules, you need to be in good physical, mental and emotional health to reach your full potential. We offer programs and support to help you achieve your goals and be your best self.
Health and Wellness Programs
Healthy aging begins with a healthy lifestyle, including eating healthy foods, exercising regularly and taking charge of your health through disease prevention and screening tests. Health and wellness should begin when you are young so you can continue the path to good health through your mid-life and beyond. We offer these programs to help you achieve health and wellness:
- FIT150 pledge — Take our pledge to engage in 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week. This exercise pledge can help you prevent a heart attack, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes and more. Fit FIT150 into your life here.
- HEALTH4cast screenings — A free, real-time screening and education program to assess your risk for serious disease and learn how to improve your health. The screenings include blood pressure, diabetes, blood sugar, cholesterol and body mass index (BMI). See where HEALTH4cast will be next here.
- 30-day happy + healthy challenge — Improve your physical, mental and emotional health with a fun, easy-to-follow plan. Download it here.
- Medical fitness — After an injury or illness you may need assistance to gain strength and improve mobility. Our medically supervised medical fitness program can help you improve your health and gain independence. For more information call 610-779-1330.
- Nutrition therapy — Our dietitians work with you to create a personalized nutrition plan to treat your medical condition or provide direction on a healthier way of eating. To learn more or make an appointment call 610-378-2100.
Weight Loss Programs
We offer weight loss programs to help you find a healthier you and reach your health and wellness goals. Our programs include:
- Medical weight management — Whether it’s 10 pounds or 100 pounds, our physicians can create a plan to help you lose weight and give you the support you need for success. For more information about this program offered at our Penn State Health Medical Group – Spring Ridge location, view the brochure or call 610-743-3139.
- Weight loss surgery — Weight loss surgery-or bariatric surgery-is a proven method for reducing weight and improving health if you are morbidly obese. Weight loss surgery can also reduce or eliminate many obesity-related health problems. For more information click here or call 610-378-7900.
Part of your healthy aging journey may include cosmetic or plastic surgery. If you are considering anti-aging procedures to minimize the effects of aging and support a more youthful appearance, call our experts at 610-743-3139.
Services Offered by Plastic Surgeon:
- Eye Lifts
- Eyelid Surgery / Blepharoplasty
- Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
- Facial Surgery
- Filler Injections / Botox
- Hand Reconstruction
- Rhinoplasty / Nose Reshaping
- Varicose and Spider Vein Treatments
Our Vascular Services teams also offers laser procedures for varicose vein and hair removal. For more information call 610-378-2499.
Our support groups bring together people who are going through similar experiences to provide a sense of community and belonging. In our support groups, we share insights, encourage one another and provide health and wellness education. We offer:
- Alzheimer’s caregiver support — Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 11 a.m., at Penn State Health St. Joseph Exeter Ridge Health Complex, Suite 101. Contact Cheryl Tutella, 610-779-1330, for more information.
- Bereavement support — Meets on Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30 p.m., at St. Joseph Medical Center, Bern Campus. There are three, seven-week sessions offered throughout the year. January–February, May–June, September–October. Contact Sister Rose Dvorak at 610-3787-2297, for more information.
- Breastfeeding support — The Baby Bistro meets the first and third Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m., at St. Joseph Medical Center’s Breidegam Family Birthing Center. Contact email@example.com for more information..
- Cancer diagnosis and survivorship — The Strength for the Journey Support Group meets the second Wednesday of each month at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph Cancer Center. Contact Nancy Fonseca at 610-378-2517 for more information.
- Chronic disease — If you have COPD, diabetes, heart failure or have had a stroke, you and your caregiver can attend the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m., at Penn State Health St. Joseph Spring Ridge Health Corridor, 2607 Keiser Blvd., Wyomissing. Call 610-378-2492 for more information.
- Managing diabetes and diabetes wellness group — We offer a 10-hour course on comprehensive diabetes self-management in two convenient locations and a diabetes wellness group that meets twice a month at Penn State Health St. Joseph Downtown Campus. For more information call Diabetes Management Services at 610-378-2030.